- Don’t take weekends off—or at least schedule some tweets for Saturday and Sunday. Engagement is 17% higher for brands on weekends.
- The early bird gets the worm —Start tweeting at 8:00 a.m. and continue until 7:00 p.m. – you’ll increase your engagement by 30%.
- A picture is worth a thousand words—tweets with images get two times as much engagement as those without them.
- Brevity is the soul of wit—tweets with less than 10 characters receive 17% higher engagement than longer tweets.
- Don’t make empty promises—always provide a link with your tweets – you’ll get 86% more retweets than those without one.
- Ask and you shall receive –Asking followers to retweet yields 12 times as many retweets (but spell it out “RT” gest 10X retweet rate vs. “retweet” with 23X).
- Tag your Tweets—Tweets with hashtags receive twice the engagement as those without them.
- Everything in moderation—Limit hashtags to two per tweet—any more any you will decrease your engagement by 17%.
- You reap what you sow—Tweet to others, retweet their content, respond when others tweet to you. Twitter is all about being social, responding and engaging.
- Follow your passion—Follow new people everyday. Most will follow you back and you will steadily increase your following. What’s the sense in tweeting if no one is listening?
A bonus tip: Be on time—Install the Twitter app on your phone, and turn on your notifications. When someone tweets to you, take a second and answer right back. You will be amazed at how appreciative others will be at your responsiveness.
Research Source: Buddy Media